The Jackson Regional Practical Nursing Program provides the theory and skills necessary to perform as an entry level practical nurse upon successful program completion. Instruction is provided through classroom lecture and discussion, laboratory demonstrations and practice, and clinical assignments at hospitals and long term care facilities. Through clinical rotations, students are exposed to the care of persons in a variety of settings such as: medical, surgical, pediatric, obstetrical and geriatric. Progressing from simple to complex, clinical experiences provide students the opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and attitudes essential for the practice of nursing and for providing the foundation for continuing personal and professional growth.
Levels of Training
|Practical Nursing||1296 hours||12 months||Diploma|
- Orientation and Safety
- Vocational Relations
- Basic Science and Anatomy
- Basic IV Therapy
- Nutrition and Diet Therapy
- Nursing Principles and Skills
- Pharmacology & Administration of Medications
- Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Geriatric Nursing
- Psychiatric Nursing & Mental Health Concepts
- Maternal Child Nursing
- Pediatric Nursing
- Advanced Vocational Relationships
- Supervised Clinical Practice
- Obtain a passing score on the Compass Test.
- Complete the required application in a timely manner.
- Submit evidence of a regular high school diploma or GED equivalency
- Upon acceptance into a Health Occupation program, provide evidenceof a recent physical examination by a licensed physician or nurse practitioner and
- Completion of a satisfactory background check and drug screen (required by the TTCJ clinical agencies)
- Report to orientation and enrollment upon notification of acceptance.
- Coordinator of the Practical Nursing Program: Barbara Avent, RN, BSN
- Jackson Instructors: Stephanie Gulledge and Meredith Cooper, Clinical Faculty
- Lexington Instructors: Lori Akins and Kara Courtright, Clinical Faculty
- Humboldt Instructors: Tara Upton and Melanie Carlton, Clinical Faculty
- Parsons Instructors: Rhonda Moses and Heather Collazo Clinical Faculty
- Jackson Campus
- Lexington Campus
- Humboldt Campus
- Parsons Campus